Frequently Asked Questions

I am new to the neighborhood. What should I do?

  • You may contact our Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email  [email protected] to get  HOA information.
  • Email [email protected] to get your pool access cards.
  • Make sure you review and understand The Vineyards at Heritage HOA CCRs. You can view these by contacting the Property Management Company.
  • Consider volunteering for one of our committees.

How do I update my mailing address?

  • You can notify us of a mailing address, email address change, or phone number change by contacting our Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected]

How can I contact the management company?

  • Our management company is First Service Residential.  Contact information for the management company can be found here.

What is a homeowners’ association and what is its purpose?

  • The City of Fort Worth usually requires a Homeowner’s Association (HOA) to maintain greenways, walking paths and community common property, like border walls
  • An HOA is also formed when the community owns the common property, like a pool or playground, as a means of administering the common property on behalf of the common owners.
  • An HOA is also allowed to set up and enforce rules that go beyond municipal zoning and codes to govern the appearance of homes and properties within the Association in order to protect the community property values.

What do my homeowners’ association dues pay for?

  • Landscaping of common areas.
  • Management company services.
  • Maintenance and operations of the pool.
  • Social activities, community communications, and other community business.

What is the Board of Directors and what do they do?

  • The HOA is a legal, non-profit corporation in the State of Texas, and officers of the corporation are the members of the
    Board of Directors.
  • Members are volunteers from the community elected to the Board by the overall HOA membership at regular intervals.
  • The primary responsibility of the Board operates the HOA in a fiscally responsible manner; to enforce the provisions
    of the CCRs; collecting assessments and fines; enforce penalties for non-payment of assessments and fines up to and
    including legal proceedings, management of HOA common areas, and the preparation and facilitation of the HOA budget.
    The Board may retain the services of a professional management company to help operate and manage the association.

When does the Board of Directors meet?

  • The Board of Directors typically meets monthly. Board meetings, with the exception of Executive Sessions, are open to
    the membership.
  • Announcements of the meetings and the associated agenda are emailed to the members 144 hours prior to the meeting.

What is the management company role and responsibilities?

  • Roles and Responsibilities
    Accounting Department:
    – Process payables and receivables\Collections
    – Prepare financial reports
    – Attorney referral
    – Tax filings
  • Administrative:
    – Realtor inquires
    – Process closings/transfer of ownership
    – Welcome packages
    – Maintain database (names and addresses of owners, keeper of all records for the association)
    – Process ACC requests and present to ACC committee for disposition
    – Homeowner communications, i.e. newsletters, website, & meeting notice 
  • Association Manager:
    – Act as agent for the Board of Directors, manage the day-to-day operations of the Association.
    – On call 24/7; directly during business hours at 817-380-7000,  or through the management company
    emergency number 877-378-2388
    – Pool or irrigation emergency number contact the Management Company
    – Drive property to maintain compliance with the CCRs
    – Answer homeowners inquiries
    – Acquire and monitor insurance
    – Schedule, facilitate and attend meetings
    – Assist committees in achieving its goals and objectives

Can I pay my assessments online?

Where can I get a copy of my deed restrictions?

  • A copy can be obtained from your Property Manager here or be viewed on this website on the documents page under Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions.

To whom do I report irrigation problems?

  • Report irrigation problems having to do with our common areas along Ray White and in the area of the pool to the Property Manager at 817-380-7000; after work hours and on weekends or holidays call 877-378-3388

Can I reserve the pools for birthday parties?

  • Yes, Contact property management for more info here.

How do I get a new pool card if I have lost mine?

  • If you have lost your pool card, a replacement can be obtained by calling the Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected]
  • There is a $50 fee to replace the card.

I did not receive a pool card at closing, what should I do?

  • If you did not receive a pool card at closing, or the pool card you did receive does not work, call the Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected]
  • You will be issued a pool card at no cost.

City and Community

Whom do I contact to see which school my child will attend?

  • We are fortunate to be in one of the top Texas school districts in both financial responsibility and education excellence.
  • Learn more about the KISD at
  • To see what school your child or children will attend go to https://www

Whom do I contact to replace a streetlight?

  • The streetlights in our neighborhood are provided by Tri-County Electric Coop.  (Sometimes they will say it is not their responsibility, but it is.) Call 817-431-1541.  Be sure to have the address most closely associated with the light.

Whom do I contact to report potholes in the street?

  • Call the City of Fort Worth Department of Transportation and Public Works at 817-392-8100.

To whom do I report vandalism? 

  • Vandalism affecting your home and property should be reported to the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-335-4222.  While the HOA may not be able to help in these cases, please report the vandalism to the Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected] so we can notify the neighborhood to be on the lookout for vandals.
  • Vandalism affecting the pool area, the playground and the entrances and walls along Ray White should be reported to the Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected]
  • Graffiti vandalism should be reported to the Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected]; the Fort Worth Graffiti Abatement (, Email: [email protected], Phone: 817-212-2700)

When is bulk trash pickup?

  • Bulk trash pickup is during the week of the second Monday of the month. (schedule here) What may be included in bulk trash
    and the amount of trash allowable can be found on that same page.

Who is my Neighborhood Police Officer (NPO)?

  • The Neighborhood Police Officer is a police officer assigned as liaison between the Fort Worth Police Department and the HOAs in his/her region.  They can be helpful in learning about safety and crime-stopping activities.  You can also call him/her if you see non-emergency suspicious activity in the neighborhood.
  • Officer Ryan Perales 817-965-9036

Bylaws, Declarations, CCRs

What are the deed restrictions?

  • The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (aka CCR or Deed Restrictions) are a legal contract between our neighbors and the Association which “are for the purpose of establishing a general scheme for the development of the Property and for the purpose of enhancing and protecting the value, attractiveness and desirability of lots within the property” and “and are  binding on all parties having or acquiring any right, title, or interest in the property or any part thereof”. (available here)

Who oversees homeowner compliance with our deed restrictions?

  • The Board of Directors of the Association administers and has the authority for the enforcement the compliance of the community Deed Restrictions. The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) along with each homeowner share responsibility for ensuring compliance. The ACC is a committee of who volunteer their time to the purpose of ensuring the continuing quality of our neighborhood. The quality and value of the community is much of the reason that most of us bought our homes here. The purpose of the ACC is to help guide homeowners to stay within their deed restrictions when they want to make changes to the outward appearance of their home and/or property. The Board of Directors engages an Association Management firm to assist the Homeowner Association with the administration of the Association and provisions of the deed restrictions. The Association Manager is instrumental in providing expertise in the operation of the association and assistance to its members in maintaining compliance or implementing solutions.

How does a homeowner make a request to the ACC?

  • All requests must be submitted on a Property Modification Approval Request Form to our Association Manager at FirstService Residential. A copy of the Property Modification Approval Request Form is available by requesting a copy by calling or emailing the Association Manager. Please complete the form in its entirety as it applies to your improvement project, and remember there is no such thing as too much information. The more information included, the more likely your project can be reviewed in a timely manner. (available here)

What happens at the meetings?

  • A typical meeting will cover all requests that are received by the Management Company since the previous meeting. Each request is reviewed and deed restrictions are researched if necessary, and a vote is taken and recorded. The Association Manager will send a letter to the homeowner containing the disposition of their request. It will contain one of five possible dispositions with the reason(s) stated: approved, approved with conditions, disapproved, disapproved for additional details, or disapproved for research/inspection. All ACC requests and the dispositions are maintained in permanent records of the Association related to your property.

How do I know if I need ACC approval for my project?

  • Generally speaking, if you are making a change or project that affects the appearance of the yard or the outside of the home, you need to file with the ACC. This includes but not limited to replacement windows, replacing roof shingles, landscaping changes and fence staining.
  • Read Sections VI through VIII of the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions as they apply to your project.
  • Fill out an Architectural Control Committee Form and submit the form and accompanying diagrams to the Property Management Company at [email protected]
    You must receive a return email from the management company to begin the review process.
  • Questions on those provisions can be directed to the Property Management Company at (817)380-7000 or email to [email protected] with the details.
  • There is a processing fee of $25 for submitting an ACC request.

To whom do I report violations of the CCRs?

  • Violations of the Declarations should be reported to the Property Manager.  An accompanying picture and address would be appreciated.  Send to [email protected] 

What can we do about our neighbors’ barking dog?

Can I install a satellite dish on my house?

  • A Satellite dish that is one meter in diameter or less and designed to receive television broadcast signals is permitted.  It must be located in an area where the device is not visible from any portion of the street in front of the applicable lot.
  • If the homeowner determines that the device cannot be located in compliance with the non-visibility requirement without precluding reception of an acceptable quality signal, the homeowner may install the device in the least conspicuous alternative location on the lot where an acceptable quality signal can be obtained.
  • A form must be submitted to the ACC to obtain approval for this project. See Article VII Section 7.10 of the CCRs for more details.

What are the shed requirements?

  • All sheds require the approval of the Architectural Control Committee
  • All sheds require a City of Fort Worth Building Permit and must comply with City of Fort Worth setback requirements.  Before construction may start.  See
  • The height of the building with foundation, roof, and walls cannot exceed eight (8) feet
  • The building may not exceed 225 square feet of floor space.
  • It must be compatible with the dwelling on the property in design and material composition
  • The exterior paint and roofing materials shall be consistent with the paint and roofing materials of the dwelling on the property
  • The building must be located in a completely enclosed backyard
  • More details are available in the CCRs.(available here)


May I have a garage sale?

  • Garage Sales are regulated by the City of Fort Worth and do not require a permit.  You may have two sales a year.  Go to: rules and details.
  • The HOA organizes two community-wide neighborhood garage sales each year – one in the spring and one in the fall.  The City ’s rules apply to these sales.
  • The HOA will advertise the Community-Wide Garage Sales on the website and with signs at the three community entrances.